"But like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior; because it is written, 'You shall be holy, for I AM holy."--I Peter 1:15-116

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Colossal Promise by crw

John 16:22 "So also you have sorrow now, but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you."  I burn when I read this...in light of my own sorrow in sinning, the sorrows of those closest to me, the burdensome sorrows that flood this planet. Unmet expectations, personal aggravations, unspeakable loses, small disappointments, subtly (and not-so-subtly) being ostracized because of our commitments to Jesus Christ and His Word---all these pile up and are like unsatisfied thieves whose purpose is to rob our joy in God.  But Jesus makes a declaration here that causes the hearts of those who are His to leap and long and love.  This is such a great and precious promise to the church.  There will be a day when our joyous Lord Jesus will mercifully snatch from us of every sorrow, replacing them all with a "joy unspeakable and full of glory."  Now that's a truth worth rejoicing over.   

No comments: